When it comes to talking about heritage, no other country than India comes to our mind when it comes to experiencing the true heritage and culture of our ancestors and previous civilizations. Today on world’s heritage day, here are top 10 destinations in India which also fall in World’s top 100 most beautiful heritage destinations! Have a look.
1. Taj Mahal, Agra: Known as the symbol of love, this is the first on the world’s top 100 heritage destinations list.
2. Agra fort, Agra: Agra is known for its beautiful history and heritage. The other monument which is the most beautiful in the world’s list is this one.
3. Ellora Caves, Maharashtra: If you live in Mumbai you must take a ferry-ride to this place too enjoy it’s beauty.
4. Hampi, Karnataka: Just have a look at the pictures of this city.
5. Rani-Ki-Vav, Gujarat: This is another beautiful place of Gujarat. Now, even Amitabh Bachchan urges you to visit Gujarat.
6. Khajuraho group of monuments, Madhya Pradesh: The concept of Kamasutra started from her. We’re sure now you would want to visit this place.
7. Humayun’s Tomb, Delhi: Personally speaking, I love this palace. Still can’t get the visuals off my head of this palace and I visited this tomb too many years back.
8. Konark Temple, Orissa: A must-visit place in our list.
9. Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh: All of us simply well-aware of this place’s beautiful heritage.
10. Mahabodhi Temple, Bodh Gaya (Bihar): If you want know about true Buddhism, you must spend a few days in this place.
iKarmik says, this is the proof that India is one of the richest countries when it comes to heritage and culture. You must explore these places once in your lifetime to know about the actual history of India. Which one of these destinations you would like to visit first? Share it in the comments below.