Being in love and being in a relationship are two different things. A relationship needs a lot of work when it comes to two people will to stay with each other no matter what. And, one huge mistake can be the reason for a huge fallout between the two of you and sometimes it is just irrepairable.
But, even if you just can’t get over that person and still miss them, that’s when love plays a major role. So, if you’re considering to get back with him or her
1. Have you completely forgiven his/her mistake? This is very important that when you’re alone, have you actually thought about forgiving him? When you retrospect you might think that it wasn’t that big of a fuckup that it can be forgiven; or sometimes it just doesn’t go away. So, if you haven’t forgiven them yet, wait a little longer.
2. Are you willing to make compromises? A relationship needs a lot of work especially when you’re giving it a second chance. You have to make more compromises than ever and live with a fact that there’s already a huge gap between you guys. First and the foremost, you would have to kick away your ego at a lot of places.
3. Is he/she willing to change? If you see a scope of change in him after meeting them once or twice, you should go ahead with it.
4. Are you a better person after the breakup? Because, self-analysis is also very important.
5. Have you both forgotten the past? Forgiving it very easy but forgetting is too damn difficult for everyone. If you meet them and feel like nothing has changed; then you can give it a go-ahead
6. Is it worth it? This is the most important question and only you yourself can answer it.
7. Are you both willing to invest in future? This is the discussion you both will need to sit down and rationally figure out a plan for future.
8. Do they bring out the best in you? If you feel that they are the one for you and you feel the best around them and they are your strength at every downfall in your life; then you must seriously consider getting back with them.
iKarmik says, honestly, there’s no such thing as a perfect couple. Every couple has their problems and he/she will definitely hurt you in future as well. But, you must know that if it’s worth suffering for them? A relationship will only work if you both aren’t willing to give up on each other, come what may.