Going through adultery is the worst thing anyone can come across and it’s the worst thing that can happen to you. When you know that something is yours and when somebody else touches it, the jealousy pangs cannot be defined.
Here are things you should never do while your partner has cheated on you.
1. Self Harm- Nobody is worth that pain which you feel like giving to yourself and if you have even a thought of that; you need medical help. Consult a psychiatrist soon.
2. Ignoring the infidelity: Some people tend to ignore that their partner has cheated on them and it’s really not the way out. Don’t forgive them so easily, this is why they take you for granted and no matter what, don’t let them sweet talk into it.
3. Self-blaming: It’s not your fault! So, never blame yourself even no matter how much your partner make you feel like.
4. Trying to get ‘even’: This is the worst thing you can do to yourself, it will only damage you more.
5. Bringing it up again and again: Let’s consider you’ve forgiven them, they have realized their mistake and you both have moved on. But the, bringing up this dark chapter to win an argument is simply not cool.
6. Rushing into the healing process: Take your time because that’s the best thing you can do.
7. Shying away from professional help: If you think that this can work out and you need a couple’s therapy, do for it.
iKarmik says, no matter how good it feels don’t ever try to get even or think of self-harm because it will only make things worse. We know dealing with infidelity or adultery takes a huge toll on us and the healing process can be really taxing. But, take your time because things will fall into place and whatever happens; always remember that you are not at fault.